Periodontal Treatment in Honesdale
Gum, or periodontal disease can cause inflammation, called gingivitis, tooth loss and bone damage. Gum disease ranges from mild gingivitis to moderate and severe periodontitis. Gum disease begins with a sticky film of bacteria called plaque. Gums in the early stage of disease, or gingivitis, can bleed easily and become red and swollen. As the disease progresses to periodontitis, teeth may loosen, fall out or may need to be removed by a dentist. Gum disease can be prevented with good oral hygiene by daily brushing and flossing. Regular checkups will help detect gum disease in the early stages when it can be most successfully treated.
We provide the latest in periodontal care, including:
- Comprehensive gum evaluation at each dental health maintenance appointment
- Digital x-rays to detect bone changes
- Dental prophylaxis (cleaning)
- If needed we recommend a Deep cleaning (root planing)
- Periodontal Maintenance After Treatment